Thursday, October 7, 2010

The best news ever!

After a week of relentless searching for flats that are completely out of my price range, and the ones that are in it are completely out of the city, I can’t help but feel discouraged. My plan was to move to the city for at least a month and just live in the moment, hopefully find some under the table job at a trendy city bar in Camden or Soho and make enough money not only to pay rent, but to cover my frequent trips to all the hot restaurants and night clubs as well as my fabulous new winter wardrobe from Harrods. Unfortunately my optimism quickly turned into realism as job offer after job offer was reneged after determining that my employment would be “too risky”, and every flat I had looked at had been a complete shithole.  I just kept telling myself that I WILL find a way to make it in the city, even if it means answering one of the ads for “Free room for a female offering companionship to a lonely white male” … haha  just kidding :)

Today, after sending out what seemed like my bazillionth resume for a job that I knew wouldn’t want to hire me, I decided to give a call to the British Embassy to see what my options for a work visa were. I knew that it was pretty much impossible to obtain one without a sponsor, but it couldn’t hurt right?? Well after waiting on hold for over an hour, and being transferred to five different branches, it turns out that I AM A BRITISH CITIZEN!!!  This whole time, this WHOLE time, all I had to do was apply for a passport. No applications for visas, no sponsors, no waiting 3-6 months.  So I know you are probably wondering what this means, well… it means that the moment that I get my passport, I can work wherever I want, live wherever I want for as long as I want, no questions asked!!!  The optimist is back….

Xoxo

Danielle


1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!! hahaha i cant believe it! thats so exciting!!!!
    call me soon!
    i tried calling back and left a message, but i am not sure if you ever got it?!

    ReplyDelete