Thursday, November 25, 2010

Farewell for now...

This past week brought a welcome break from all the chaos in the form of my dear friend Josh Bubeck...and with him came a private driver, shopping at Harrods, afternoon tea at Claridges, dinner at Theo Randalls and a private box at the Ascot horse races. But as amazing as it was stepping into a world filled with luxury, elegance, and pretentious assholes as far as the eye could see... I had the most fun at the Winter Wonderland festival in Hyde Park (Just imagine the Del Mar fair during Christmas on steroids) with Josh, his mom and sister. They made me feel like I was part of their family, which was exactly what I needed right now :) Sunday morning, Josh left for Amsterdam and I was back to reality. As I said goodbye to the driver and stepped onto the tube, I thought about a group of twenty - somethings sitting next to us at Claridges bantering about god knows what and looking ever so pleased with themselves. It's funny because at the time I envied them and how fabulous their lives must me. But then I realized... that's not me. I would never give up the excitement of running through the tube stations, eating a $2 kebab for dinner or dancing the night away at some hole in the wall club in Camden. Although I must admit I will miss the driver waiting outside of the hole in the wall club at 4 in the morning. Oh well, I really don't mind the 24 hour buses... sitting there by yourself and reflecting on the day. Just you, the driver, and the creepy guy sitting in the back glaring at you from underneath his over sized hoodie with an unsettling smirk on his face.

On Monday, having still not found a suitable flat in London and my job at Michael Kors not starting until February, I decided a change in scenery was in my best interest. So I headed north to Leeds, a vibrant city in Northern England filled with culture, exciting nightlife, endless shops and most importantly... free rent!! Being up here has also given me the chance to reconnect with my family, which couldn't have come at a better time with the holidays right around the corner.  Now all I need to decide is where I want to go for my birthday... Paris or Amsterdam. Any suggestions?


xoxo

Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Amsterdam will be waaaaay more fun!!! Its an amazing city, you will LOVE it :) Ps- you need to post MORE often!

    Miss you
    xox

    ReplyDelete