Thursday, February 3, 2011

and this isn't even the good stuff...

Ok, so you're probably wondering why three weeks have passed and yet no blog update about my trip to Paris. I have been wondering a little myself.... as my trip was completely and totally blogworthy!I guess I will start with everything that has been going on since I've returned, no wait... everything since I missed my flight back to England......

Everyone who knows me knows that I am not the most responsible or punctual person in the world (this used to offend me but as the years have passed I have come to terms with my shortcomings). My flight was scheduled to leave at 2pm that afternoon from Charles De Gaulle airport, I had packed the evening before and set my alarm for 10 am. I woke up that morning, sad to leave but ready to get home. I made a cup of coffee and smoked a cigarette. Yes, I am a smoker in Paris... don't judge me. Fast forward to one late taxi, two hours of traffic and three asshole flight attendants later and I am left standing in the middle of the terminal crying hysterically and swearing at the poor girl working behind the check in counter. Did I overreact? Yes...yes I did, but anyone who knows me knows that I overreact  and it is something I've come to terms with, along with irresponsibility, procrastination... and smoking (but only in Paris). Unfortunately, through gritted teeth, the girl at the check in desk informs me there's not another flight until the next day. At this point I would have just purchased another plane ticket and booked a room at the Hilton, but seeing as I only brought cash with me to Paris and spent the last of it on the taxi I came to the sudden realization that I could do neither. So I did what any other young girl alone in a foreign country with no money, food, or dignity (I threw that out the window when snot started running down my face during my public temper tantrum) would do..... I called my mother.

After my plane ticket was booked, the fact that I had to sleep in the airport sank in. Although I found some nice overnight camps set up by transients, and several offers from business men asking me to accompany them to their hotel room, I decided my safest bet was the Sherotan Hotel attached to Terminal 2. No I  couldn't afford a room there... but I could at least sneak in and use their computers to chat with my friends. After about an hour I noticed the manager eyeing me from across the room. When he finally approached me at about 1 in the morning and asked if I was staying there, I began to apologize and grabbed my bags when to my surprise...he said I was welcome to stay as long as I wanted. After two glasses of wine, a bottle of Louis Roederer champagne and a marriage proposal, I realized his act of kindness was nothing more than attempt to get in my pants and I decided that the criminal infested terminals would be safer than the hotel lobby.

I was so relieved once my plane touched town in Leeds... but that all changed when within only matter of days I had to find a new place to live and a new job.... which brings me to the present! I am in a new apartment, not so much of an apartment as it is a dorm room shared with three students from Leeds University. Although I am rather enjoying it since I missed out on that experience due to working full time for the last five years. My new job at a local brewery/ live music venue is awesome, I even gathered the courage to perform at their open mic night last week! I'm not saying I'm going to be the next Ellie Goulding but a girl can dream :) On top of the stress of finding a new place to live/new job... my boss (please refer to my blog post dated 12/16/10) who I had been seeing broke things off stating the typical guy excuse of "I care about you...but I just don't want a relationship right now". Well DUH!!! I don't want a relationship either I am only here temporarily... so why am I so disappointed?? I guess I had more feelings for him than I thought, so probably for the best that it ended....

Anyways... I think I have gone on enough for one blog post, I will save all the details of my Paris trip for the next one along with all of my pictures! Next destination... Amsterdam March 19th!!!


xoxo

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment