Monday, February 28, 2011

A Love Story.....

You know those moments in life that make you completely and absolutely believe in fate? Last week I received a phone call from my cousin Robby. The phone call itself wasn't anything extraordinary,he was just calling to catch up and  find out when my next trip down to London would be. What was special about this particular phone call was the phone he was calling from, it was Olivia's. You may recall a few months back a little case of fraud I was involved with in London. Well Olivia was my flatmate, yes, the one who took Wanda to see Mark Ronson :) They had met briefly when Robby came to London to help me look for a new flat and never in a million years would I have imagined the two of them ending up together. Olivia, the outgoing social butterfly from Manchester and Robby, the laid back homebody from California who had just gone through a pretty rough break up. You see my cousin was married to the devil. If the devil were just sitting around in hell one day working on his suntan and decided to get some cheap thrills by taking the form of a woman and fucking with a descent and honest mans emotions ..... that would be his wife. Anyways, the point is he was going through a difficult period.... and then he met Olivia. You hear about people falling madly in love overnight and you see the fairytale romances in movies, but you rarely witness it in real life. I still cant believe how fast it all happened. I could hear her laughing in the background as I chatted with my cousin, and I could hear the happiness in his own voice as he talked. It was the Robby I remember before the divorce, and I knew he would be back, I just didn't know how long it would take. It's funny how my own misfortune could bring two people together who would have never met under any other circumstances, and I would go through it all over again just to see the smile on my cousins face :)

Ok, now that I have melted all of your hearts, a quick update! I woke up today hungover after what was my fourth night out in one week. Not that it wasn't a fun night, I saw the amazing Matt Belmont band and probably danced off about 2,000 calories, but it made me realize that I need to find things to do other than becoming Leeds own Lindsey Lohan while waiting for my next trip. So today I went and got a library card, it has been far too long since the last book I read. First up... Between the Bridge and the River by Craig Ferguson. I also wrote a song! Well... i wrote the chorus, and even if I finish it I would never play it in public... baby steps. Finally I have been looking into take a cooking course while I'm here. Who knows, maybe the culinary arts is my calling and I will become a world famous chef with  my own restaurants in Los Angeles, New York, London and Paris!! haha... ok maybe not.

I also realized today that I can't actually remember the last time I felt homesick. Of course I miss my friends and family all the time, and I don't think I will ever get used to this weather, but I feel like I have actually set up a life here. Amsterdam is not for another few weeks, but I think I'll go up to York (the original) this weekend :)

xoxo


Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment